The gardening techniques discussed here are rather dull but as with so many things, success lies in careful preparation. A basic knowledge of the following gardening techniques should help your garden to flourish:
- Soil improvement - Hard work and pretty boring but essential for the cool tropical garden to flourish. How to get the best in and out of your garden soil.
- The bog garden - out wit the trees in the garden by creating a swamp.
- Watering - How much and how often?
- Feeding your plants - Should you feed the soil or the plants?
- Moving established plants - Techniques to help you successfully move established plants around the garden.
- Pruning - Keeping order in the garden.
- Pests and predators - How to tackle nature's spoil sports.