Tropical garden picture
This particular tropical garden scene features the border which receives the maximum amount of sun during the growing season. During the winter this border receives none at all. As a result it is given over entirely to growing big leaved tropical plants during the frost free months. The exceptions are in the foreground.
Zooming in a bit, we get the picture featured below.
The key players here are:
- Chamaerops humilis - the small fan palm is under planted with:
- Ophiopogon planiscapus 'Nigrescens' and:
- Aloe aristrata - in the small pot but also in the ground (not visible in this shot)
- Ensete Ventricosum (fourth season) and
- Xanthosoma sagittifolium - the Cocoyam.