Fancy a garden, stuffed with tropical plants?
let me show you how...
Hit - F11 - for the pure experience
This site is dedicated to the art of creating the illusion of the tropics in inappropriate climates.
For example the garden featured on this site is in the western suburbs of London, England.
- Hedychium gardnerianum
- From seed to flower, a journey.
- Colocasia esculenta
- An aroid called Arbi.
- Arundo donax removal
- Too much of a good thing.
- Arundo donax variegata
- A stem cuttings guide.
- Cyperus alternifolius
- An alternative to papyrus.
- Pond plant basket
- Take the guesswork out of planting a pond basket.
- Alpinia zerumbet 'variegata'
- A plant too far.
- Melianthus major
- The Honey bush that doesn't...
- Mirabilis jalapa
- It must be four o'clock somewhere.
- Busy Lizzies
- Yes, seriously.
- Abyssinian banana flower
- The joy of sex. A plants perspective.
- The Persian shield - Strobilanthes dyerianus
- The Persian shield, (or should that be Iranian? hmm...) Vivid foliage regardless.
- Dealing with pseudostem loss on your banana plant
- Before, during and after; banana rehabilitation shots. (Quite moving)
- Planning a garden
- Before and after shots of seasonal plantings, loads of pictures.
- The bog garden
- Nothing grows there? It will now.
- Soil improvement
- Work those muscles!
- More canna varieties
- More seed grown canna are discussed here.
- Banana seed, flowers and fruit
- A photographic essay.
- Pictures and cultivation info. (Handy for budgie owners).